Monday, March 16, 2009

A Chubby Face, Finally!











I finally have a chubby baby. Since not being on the charts since his 2 week appointment I finally have a baby that, I think, is on the charts. I don't go in for a few more weeks but his cheeks say it all. He is so cute. All Ben ever does is smile, except when I get the camera out, of course! Jack actually calls him Smiles. That is his special name for him. Jack can get him laughing like no one else and the two of them have a very special relationship. He gives the best kisses and he gives them to me all the time. I am the luckiest mom in the world to have these cute little boys. I am grateful every day to my Heavenly Father for the blessing of being a mom. I am so blessed to stay home with them. There are days when it's hard, and a day away at work sounds great, but then you realize the payoffs. The long days (and nights) turn into tight hugs and big kisses. When they call your name when they are hurt or scared. When they tell you that they want to marry you when they grow up. It all pays off. Nothing makes me more happy then knowing that I get my family forever. That nothing, nothing can ever take them away from me. What a blessing!!

12 comments:

Rheanna said...

I feel like he's changed a ton even since I last saw him! Ben is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO handsome chubby :o)!

Matt and Kirsten said...

I LOVE that first one. He is so funny and looks so serious.

Laura said...

He's a little Jack #2. They look so much alike to me. He's so cute.

Kristin D. said...

Chubby babies are the best. I see some you in him.

Celeste said...

I can't believe how big he is! It sounds like a blast having two little boys...I can't wait!
PS. You should see Twilight-it's a great show.

MStevenson said...

I really do love staying at home too. Sometimes I need a break, but while I'm on that break I miss them like crazy and wish they were with me again.

My break consists of a trip to the store, to the salon, ect. Nothing exciting.

Marion said...

What a chunky. Don't you love chunky kids. He is so identical to Jack. Too cute!

The Pyne's said...

Ruth, you are such a GREAT mom!! and I so LOVE chunky babies....I was one, lance was one and eric is such a chunker too!! we love it. Poor conner is still such a stick!

I can't believe how much Ben looks like jack. How fun!

April Annie said...

SUPER CUTE!! He's a cookie cutter cut-out of Jack. What a doll! Boys are the BOMB!!

Dan & Staci said...

That has to be Jack as a baby. I can't even believe it. They look like twins. I can't believe how cute that little guy is. You can sure tell your boys are yours.

John and Kassie said...

I love -- love those chunky cheeks! We really need to get together again soon! Mace wants Jack to live on our street -- see if Brendan can make that happen:)

Brad & Janette Bowen said...

Hey! Seeing this post makes me way excited for my boys. I hope Carson is as good as Jack is with the baby. Ben is looking so much like Jack! We need to get together, maybe sometime this week?