Sunday, February 15, 2009

Ribs


Now I am only posting about this because only woman read my blog, and this is pretty funny. My little Jack is a litte confused about ribs. This is what he calls a woman's chest. This all started when I started nursing Ben. I know he gets a little obsessed about things that we make a big deal about so I was very open with him about how I fed Ben. As soon as he came to see me in the hospital I showed him how I would feed him, his reply, "Ah Man, I wish I was a baby". I soon found out that Ben was allergic to milk and Chocolate. Thus my diet was changed and Jack loved to rub this in. "Mom, do you want some Chocolate." "I do, but I can't have any." "Oh yea, cause you feed Ben with your ribs. I don't feed Ben with my ribs so I can have chocolate." This is how it has been for the last few months. Then Valentines came and there are hearts everywhere. He got a reeses heart and when he saw it He said, "it looks like...." , I thought He was going to say a heart, instead, "it looks like ribs!" Every heart he sees has been ribs. I know I should tell him the right word, but I'm going to wait until his fasination goes away. I don't think everyone needs to know exactly what he is talking about. Please don't be offended if my child points out your ribs. It really would help if every advertisment and billboard didn't have a half naked woman on it!!!!

10 comments:

The Pyne's said...

Ruth that is hillarious!! We also have some "other" words for such things. and Lance kept telling me that i needed to feed eric under a blanket and I said "ya right!!" Not in my own home. But now that I am done breastfeeding conner hsn't said anything about the whole feeding eric thing. So it was forgotten quite quickly!!

MStevenson said...

That's pretty funny. Funny how kids get fascinated with body parts.

Rheanna said...

Love it! The little random things they come up with are always my favorite :o)

Jen said...

"Ah man, i wish I was a baby" made me laugh so hard! That is sooo funny! It's a good thing kids are so innocent :) And you can't have chocolate now? That is just cruel.

Kristin D. said...

The part about wishing he was a baby too, also was my favorite part. I never breastfed my kids so I think they are still oblivious to that whole thing. If they weren't we would probably have alternate names too.

April Annie said...

Livie called them hips, Mia calls them paws, and jack calls them ribs...to each their own right? Hilarious!

Dan & Staci said...

That is hilarious. Jack is just such a smart and curious little boy. He makes me laugh. What a cutie. Keep the posts coming. We love them.

Mar and Koki said...

I'm so glad you posted that. Jack says the greatest things. I'm sure you have something to laugh about all the time.

Laura said...

Audrey calls them, "My these." You gotta love the things kids say. We could blog about them all day.

The Cragun's said...

This is seriously so funny! This is Jessica your Cuz.... It was so fun to see you today.