Saturday, January 31, 2009

Dorothy


Jack got his first (and last) pet. He went on a field trip to Petsmart and they got to take a fish home. Jack named her Dorothy. He was really excited to show her our car and our house. He was a little concerned with how she would go to the bathroom since he could not find a bum on her. (If you know Jack, this was the first thing he looked for). I told him not to worry about it. If I would have explained it to him he would have been obsessed, and talked about it for way too long. He soon lost interest when he found out how stinky her food was, but still enjoyed talking to her on the counter. Brendan decided to feed Dorothy before we went to bed and I think she over ate. According to the directions Dorothy ate about 8 times more than she could handle. Needless to say, she lived about 12 hours with us and passed on. Jack was just fine and probably enjoyed flushing her down the toilet a little too much. Later I heard him explaining to Ben that he was sorry, but Dorothy had to die. This is the exact reason we should never have a dog!

11 comments:

Kawa Rangers said...

We're sorry to hear about Dorothy. Kason's is actually still alive with no food or interaction, but I hear they make good turtle food! Lol.

MStevenson said...

At least he took it well. I think the only pets we'll ever have will be a fish. My hubby is super allergic to everything.

Kristin D. said...

Hey, Ruth!! This is Kristin Dautel (used to be Jensen, from your ward in Farmington). I found your blog and was so excited. Your boys are so cute. We have a blog too. If you want to I could send you an invitation. Just send me your email address to kajbutterfly@yahoo.com

Barb said...

So cute! He sounds way smart...and does he watch Elmo? Just a hunch. =)

Marion said...

Hahaha! That is the best pet story. Jack is so funny. I still have a phobia of pets with fur mainly cats and gross ones like mice. Sometimes Koki has to tell me stop cringing when I see animals because he doesn't want me to pass the phobia on to my boys lol.

The Pyne's said...

That is HILLARIOUS!! Conner has issues with things dying so we could never let him see us flushing the fish down the toilet when they died! Is jack in kindergarten now?!?! Hey, I think I fixed my blog comment problem. Everyone was saying the same thing. Ya know, I was trying to FIX/change something and ended up messing it up!!

April Annie said...

I think the issue with Dorothy was that she was living in a FLOWER VASE!!

Cindi said...

I'm glad Jack took the fish's demise well. This is only one of the reasons why we don't have pets at our house. Your boys are too cute and I can't believe how big Ben is already

RoseAnna said...

Note to self, never let the Done's puppysit!

Matt and Kirsten said...

Jack, what a kid! I just wish I would have seen him when you told him that you got to flush him down the toilet. Your son is so funny.

Tiffany said...

You THINK she over ate?

So funny I can't stop laughing!