Thursday, September 24, 2009

5 YEARS OLD!

Today my Jack is five years old. Deep breath! I can't believe it! I know all parents say it, but I really can't believe how fast the time has gone by. This boys means so much to me. He knows me better than anyone. I still remember the day he was born. I was a week late, and HUGE! I went in at 6:30 to be induced. I ended up doing the labor by myself after they broke my water. It was nothing like they say it will be. I went from a 1 to a 10 in 3 hours. There was never a break between contractions, Never! He ended up scaring us to death by his heart rate dropping drastically and we had to have an emergency c-section. I had so many drugs in me that I didn't care that much when they showed him to me. It wasn't until later that night when the nurse brought him in to me that I realized just exactly how much I loved him. It was completely dark and the room was so calm and peaceful. He was so beautiful! We have been best buds ever since.
Jack at Williamsburg VA. Almost 3 years old
Frying Pan Farm Park VA.
Jack's first birthday. Doesn't he look like a skinny Ben? He was so big at one. He never really wanted to be a baby.
This is how it all began! I love this boy. I am so grateful for the blessings that he has brought into my life. I can't believe how much he has changed my life, and made me a better person. I love his little freckles and his four missing teeth (yes, I said four, all in the front). I love how we miss each other when we are apart. I love how the other day when some kids were being mean to him that he first put up his fists to fight ( thank goodness I saw this and was able to run fast), and then he put them all in a semi circle around him and had a meeting with them on what it means to be nice. I love that he really knows who he is. I love that after his birthday party he pulled one of the presents out and said, "I don't really like this, but I pretended to really like it." I love how much he loves to talk. We could sit for hours everyday and just talk about different things. I love how he loves to look things up on the internet or in books facts about animals or really anything. I love how he loves to say potty words, and tries to say them in a way that I might not notice. I love how funny he is. I could go on forever. I love this boy and I am so grateful for my Father in Heaven who is trusting this Big spirit to be in my care.

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

Happy Birthday Jack!! He is such a cute boy. I love the pics of him as a baby, he really does look like Ben!!

Amber said...

This is very sweet and I love you both. Happy Bday Jack!!!

Barb said...

FIVE! Wow. So crazy to think you have a child that age. It really does go by fast. You get married and time speeds up, you have a baby and someone hits the fast forward button. Feels like Sadie was just born and she's a year and a half!

Jobi Niu said...

Awww.. what a sweet post! He is a lil stud! I hope he had a great birthday.. He's hilarious. What a cute cute newborn he was too. My gosh.

April Annie said...

Happy Birthday to Jack!! What a great post.

MStevenson said...

I don't know why, but I cried at this post. What a sweet relationship you have with your son. It just made me think of my Welly and how close we are...while I went to the salon today, I had Barbara babysit for me, I was only gone not even an hour and I missed him. I kinda wished he was there with me. I don't know what I will do with myself when he goes to school.

Jack is such a cute boy! So smart! And he sounds so funny. I like that he put up his fists to fight, the difference between our kids is mine would have followed through with that punch. We have more learning to do about being nice.

Celeste said...

Happy Birthday, Jack! It is so crazy how fast they grow up.

Dan & Staci said...

Those are great. How fun. You are teh best mom ever Ruth and it shows in your little guys. We wish we could ahve been there for cake and ice cream. What a fun day you made for your boys!