Friday, September 25, 2009

Ben is 1!

My baby is 1! Time if flying by. Don't ya just melt when he smiles. Ben was born by a planned c-section after an attempt at a VBAC. I have to admit it was so nice to just go in at 6:30 a.m. and he was born by 8:30 a.m.. I wasn't prepared for the first time that I would hear him cry. It was beautiful. We waited so long for this little angel and I guess I didn't realize how relieved I was to hear him. He was 6 pounds 12 ounces (two pounds less than jack, that is why a VBAC wouldn't work). I couldn't believe how small he was. He had some breathing issues so I wasn't able to have him until around 4:30 p.m.. It killed me. Every time I heard a cart being wheeled down the hallway I would get so excited that it might be my Ben. The nursery nurse was so nice and broke the rules. She brought him into me for just a split second at noon just so I could take a peak. She said, "I'm a mother too, and I thought you might want to hold him." I was so grateful to her. I love my hospital stays, but my favorite is the middle of the night when they bring your baby in. It is so quiet and peaceful and I get a chance to just stare and sing to my boys.
This is Ben at 5 months when he finally started gaining weight. I love his lips in this picture.
I love my beautiful little angel boy!
At 3 months Ben got RSV and I bought this hat for him to wear home from the hospital. At three months he only weighed 8 something pounds. So Tiny!
My newborn Benner. It took four years to get this little boy into our family and I just can't believe how blessed I feel to have him. From the moment I found out I was pregnant (actually, before I found out) I felt such a sweet, calming, happy spirit about him. He is that exact boy. He is usually so happy, and it doesn't take much to make him smile. He has almost 10 teeth, which he has earned all of them. He crawls everywhere and over everything. He loves music, books, balls, cars and Jack. I love that when you give him something that he really likes he has a little party in his head by tilting his head back, closing his eyes and bouncing his whole body. I am so grateful for this boy. I can't wait to watch him grow up, but I am so grateful that he is staying a baby a little bit longer than his brother did. He can say a few words, Mama, dada, duck and Jesus. What a little angle he is. He adds so much to our family. What a wonderful year it has been. Now, if I could only get him to sleep through the night!

6 comments:

MStevenson said...

Four years?! And I thought I had to wait long. 2 for Welly and 1 for Hilly. But any amount of time is too much when you want a baby.

Your boys have birthday's back to back? That's cool.

Ben is such a cute chubby baby!

Barb said...

They really are little blessings from heaven! He is such a cute boy - I love his chunky cheeks!

Matt and Kirsten said...

Roth these posts are really special! Thanks for sharing - your boys and you will love reading those forever.
Love you all!

Jobi Niu said...

Awww.. I LOVE BEN! His smile MELTS my heart.. Lil sweetheart.

Kristin D. said...

I love all that wrote about your feelings about both your boys on their birthdays. I want to know how that worked...trying for a VBAC, but then having a planned c-section? I am confused. Are you going to have to do c-sections from now on, if you have more?

The Pyne's said...

holy smokes, I can't believe how fast time has gone by!!!! and I am soooooo ENVIOUS of your relationship with your boys. I mean I LOVE my kids to death, but almost everyday I'm screaming at both of them, because they play off each other and just get into trouble allllll the time!! They don't listen to me and drive me CRAZY. I think I need you to give me your secret on pareting, because I SUCK!! so got any good tips to pass along????? =)