Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Jack's Prayers


We had an FHE on how we should pray for our families and those we love. Jack has really been trying to do this, but......I think he goes a little to the extreme! For example......

Bless Ben that he won't get any chubbier.
Bless Ben that he will grow up and be my age.
Bless Ben that he will get smarter like me.
Bless Mommy that she won't mess up dinner.
Bless Mommy that her tummy won't get any bigger.
Bless Daddy that he won't mess up the basement.
Bless Ben that he won't eat rubber or socks. (my favorite!)
Bless Daddy that his back won't itch. ( He had a sunburn like 4 months ago)
Bless Mommy that her cut will get better (My c-section was almost a year ago)
I'm thankful for Ben and all that he does for us. What?
We should probably get a little bit more specific.
He had a horrible dream the other night and when I came into comfort him he asked, " Mommy, why does Heavenly Father give me bad dreams when I pray that I won't have them?" It broke my heart. I told him that Heavenly Father doesn't give us the bad dreams, our minds just think them up. The next night, without even telling him what to say he said, " Heavenly Father please bless that if I have a bad dream that I will be able to get through it." I thought that was cute.

14 comments:

Matt and Kirsten said...

Seriously!!! Jack you are so funny!!! I am trying not to spit out my tooth paste all over the computer! And OH SO SWEET!

Kawa Rangers said...

He cracks me up! What a cutie.

Kristin D. said...

You have such a hilarious boy. I cant imagaine how many times you bust up laughing during the day.

April Annie said...

Rubber & socks can be a real issue.

This is so funny and so precious. We love Jack (and Ben, especially for all he does for us).

Love you all.

The Cragun's said...

What a cutie

Cheryl said...

Thats so funny. He is such a smart kid! I love listening to kids prayers!

Cindi said...

So cute. My kids are so going to miss you in Primary. After church they told me that you can't really leave Primary and that they were sure you loved them more than the YW. :) Thanks for all you've done to make Primary great. I look forward to working with you in YW.

Kristin D. said...

Ruth, last night I was telling my husband, Jared, about the fun things your Jack says. I read him these and we went through all the other posts and read every funny thing he said. We were laughing so hard, I was crying and my head hurt. Thank you Jack for the wonderful couple's moment.

Amber said...

Reese, that is so cute and hillarious. You are a great mom.

Hillary said...

Too funny!!!

The Pyne's said...

Your little jack is so hillarious!!! I'm glad to see that you guys have some interesting prayers like us!! We are trying to explain not to RUSH through our prayers and just talk normal!! But atleast they are saying their prayers, right?!?!?

Marion said...

Koki started laughing about the basement comment. Could Jack be the next big comedian???? He is too funny.

MaryAnne said...

I love your boys!!! You two are great parents!

MStevenson said...

That was really cute! Wellington just prays about what ever he is looking at...so if he's holding a toy car its about that, or about to eat dinner its about the food (that's good I guess). Jack sounds so imaginative and smart.