Sunday, June 28, 2009

7 Wonderful Years!

June 28, 2002. What a wonderful day! It began with an 8:30 a.m. ceremony in the Salt Lake temple with all our family. An amazing luncheon at the Lion House. The day ending with an absolutely beautiful reception in my parents back yard. It was one of the greatest days of my life. Knowing that you will be with your best friend for eternity is really the best feeling!
And here He is! Truly the most amazing man I have ever known. I love him like words could never express! I find myself feeling sorry for other woman that they don't have my man. He treats me like gold and better. When I first saw him I thought he was way too good looking for me, but he makes me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world every day. I love you Brendan! I am so grateful for you and the wonderful example you are to our boys. I don't even know how tell you thanks for all that you do for me. Every day He asks me at least three times, "What can I do to help?" Amazing! I have never fallen asleep on the couch without waking up with a blanket on me. Our home is truly blessed by the Priesthood that you hold so honestly. I can't imagine anything better than spending eternity with you. I love you forever!
This was our engagement photo that went out in our announcements. The yard behind is my parents where our reception was held.
And here is what has become of those seven years! Aren't they the most beautiful children you have ever seen? These little blessings have changed our lives in so many ways. I never knew I would get so excited when I saw that they looked just like their daddy. The last seven years have gone by too quickly. What a blur some of it is. We have lived in six different places, three different states. We have cried a lot and laughed even more. We have really been blessed and we do know where these blessings come from. I am so grateful to my Father in Heaven for my life. I know He loves me and that He really wants what is best for me. Life hasn't gone exactly as planned, but trusting in the Lord and his plan for me has brought me such happiness!

12 comments:

Kristin D. said...

I wish I had been there to see you in your wedding dress. I loved reading what you wrote about your husband. Isn't great to be married to your best friend.

Kawa Rangers said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Cheryl said...

Congrats!! You are so lucky to have such a wonderful man, and 2 adorable boys!!!

Matt and Kirsten said...

I love all 4 of you so much. and I am so grateful that Brendan is as good to you as you deserve.

Brad & Janette Bowen said...

7 years, where does the time go? Happy Anniversary!

MStevenson said...

I wish I could see more wedding pictures too! Wow, your an old married woman! I didn't know you had been married that long. Awesome!

April Annie said...

Very sweet Ruth! We love Brendan too and are so lucky to have all 4 of you in our family! Happy Anniversary and here's to at least 70 more.....

Hillary said...

Happy Anniversary!!! We love you guys so much!

Marion said...

Oh my heavens you guys look so young. You guys are awesome. Happy Anniversary!

The Pyne's said...

happy 7 years ruth! We too just celebrated our 7 years a few weeks before you guys (June 5)...I forgot we got married that close to each other. and I so totally remember your luncheon and the reception. fun memories!!

Whit,Tiff and B said...

Hey thanks for putting your blog on the family gaggle! It was good to see you, now that we only get to see extended family every five years or so!

Jobi Niu said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! CONGRATS.. Love ya YOu're so sweet about your husband.. HOw gorgeous are you?!?!