Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Bear Lake 3

Our cute little family at the lake. Jack 9.5 months, Jack 4 (almost 5) years.
Here is the Done family. Grandpa Done, Grandma Done, Dallen, Jack, Ben, Brendan, Me, Scott, Hillary, Peyton, Jed, Heidi and Madison.
The three most beautiful people I know. Have I mentioned, I love my boys?!!!
At the end of each day I always had to spend extra time with Jack. Not for him, for me. He is getting to the age where he can entertain himself. I really missed him by the night. He had so much fun, and it was exciting to see how much he has grown in a year.
When we finally got Ben in we couldn't get him out. He was the one baby who loved the water, naked or not! He thought he was soo big and would just play in the waves. There were some cousins there who couldn't get enough of him. They would always come over and ask to hold him and when we finally got him out in the water they all ran over with their cameras. I know he is irresistible, but when somebody else does it just makes your day!

Every year the Anderson family goes to Bear Lake for a week. We usually go up for only two days, but decided this year to go up for the whole week. We had a lot of fun. We would camp up in the mountains and drive down to the beach everyday. It was freezing at night! Jack did great sleeping, but Ben had some problems. One night he was so fussy all night and when I finally changed his diaper in the morning he had a little wood chip in there. I felt so bad. It was hard to keep water for a bottle warm in the middle of the night in a tent. Thank goodness for Gma and Gpa's trailor! We took Jack up to Minetonka cave, and he was really into it. He was a little worried about the bats, but soon got over it. Thanks to the Dones for the great week everything you did for us up there!

10 comments:

Kawa Rangers said...

Looks like it was lots of fun!!

Kawa Rangers said...

P.S. I love the pic of his naked buns!

Jen said...

Ruth, did you get a haircut? Dang, it's cute!

Matt and Kirsten said...

LOVE the picture of Grpa Done and Ben!!! Holy cow what a funny picture - and you look so pretty! I love the hair!

The Pyne's said...

that looks like sooo much fun!! I haven't been to bear lake in YEARS! and um ruth your hair is DARLING and seriously, you don't look like a mother of two. Especially in your bathing suit!! you look amazing. Wish I looked like that in my suit and not like 3 months pregnant of belly fat that won't go away!! What's your SECRET?!?!? Running, crunches, what? (although, I hate all of those, I am willing to try anything else than what I'm doing!)

April Annie said...

Sounds like a really fun time! I love all the pictures and LOVE the new do!!

Heidi said...

I love the photo of Ben in the water naked.....soooo cute! Love cute chubby babies.

Jobi Niu said...

HOW FUN!! YOu have such a cute lil family. How freaking cute is lil bum?? Your hair is HOT! :] You're skinny as fetch too. LUCKY

Dan & Staci said...

What cute boys you have. It looks like you had such a great time up there. What fun!

Tiffany said...

How was bathing Ben after his naked swim? lol.... He is adorable!!