Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sweet Baby Gracie


Grace Hill West Point, Utah Our sweet Gracie returned to her Heavenly Father on November 7, 2009 after 15 too-short months with our family. She passed away with her mother and father by her side at home. Grace was born on July 9, 2008 in Davis County to the great joy of her parents and four (yes, four) sisters. Gracie is the 20th grandchild of Mark and Darline Elggren of Kaysville and the 15th grandchild of Stick and Melba Hill of Bountiful. Few children have been blessed to be loved by more caring sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, or grandparents. Gracie loved animals, picture books of all types including "Goodnight Moon", all kinds of music, pictures of the Savior, and especially her sisters and mom and dad. We in turn have treasured her hugs, giggles, "moos," "meows," kisses, and snuggles. Our hearts are full but broken. Gracie is survived by her parents Gary and Amber Hill, her four sisters, Anne, Livia, Lucy, and Eliza, 35 cousins, 22 aunts and uncles, four grandparents and three great-grandparents. She was preceded in death by her Great-Grandma and Grandpa Hill, Great-Grandpa Jensen, Great-Grandma Rigby, and Great-Grandma and Grandpa (Pop) Elggren, all of whom we are sure greeted her with joy when she passed through the veil. Funeral services will be held Friday, November 13, 2009 at 11:00 a.m. at the West Point 10th Ward chapel, 2850 West 300 North, in West Point, Utah. A viewing will be held Thursday, November 12, 2009 from 6-8 p.m. at the same chapel in West Point. A short viewing will be held the morning of the funeral at 9:30 a.m. Online guestbook and condolences at http://www.russonmortuary.com/
I am so grateful for the comfort of the Spirit at this time. What a blessing it is to feel of our Savior's love and we truly know that Gracie is a special Daughter of our Heavenly Father who had served her time on this earth. My testimony has grown as I have felt and watched the arms of our Savior encircle my sister Amber, her family and all of us. I can't believe the outpouring of love and service that has come my families way. So many people have reached out and kindly done amazing acts of service. The sweet husband and wife who donated a hand made casket. The Family who called for the 4 sister's sizes and then showed up with four beautiful dresses, tights, shoes, hair bows, bracelets and lockets for the girls. The steady flow of visitors from every ward they have ever been in. Tom, please keep him in your prayers, who brought soil, bulbs and flowers to make a garden for Gracie. There are so many to name. We love you all and we are grateful that Amber and Gary have such wonderful people as friends. We are seeing the hands of our Heavenly Father used through so many amazing people. I know that families are eternal and that I will see my sweet sister hold Gracie in her arms again. What a comfort it is to know that nothing can take our loved ones away. We will all hope and try to live worthy to be together forever. Hold your little ones tight and never let the really important things come last. My sister is a wonderful example of this. Her girls know that they come before the house is clean, and before Amber takes a shower. They know that they are loved and there has been no regret about the time spent with Gracie. We miss you Gracie, but I know we will see you again. I am so grateful for our Savior, Jesus Christ. For it is because of his wonderful sacrifice that we will all be together again.

11 comments:

Clyda and John said...

So sorry to hear of your families loss. My dad sent an e-mail letting me know and I just felt awful. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and insight as it too helped strengthen my testimony as well. We will keep your entire family in our thoughts and prayers.

Jen said...

I'm also so sad to hear what happened. My mom called me and told me what had happened and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Amber and Gary are awesome people and I have no doubt that they will see their little girl again. It is a huge blessing to know of the Saviors plan of happiness. Love and prayers to the family.

MStevenson said...

I had to think and think about what I was going to say in my comment. First I want to say that I love all of you so much (being friends with Kirsten and spending so much time at her house, made me feel as if I had a second family), I also want to thank you for sharing your testimony Ruthie and just want to share too that I know, without any doubt that our Heavenly Father loves us, that he has a plan for us, and that we will be with Him and our loved ones again. I’m also glad that you shared that part about holding your little ones tight and never let the really important things come last and the part about “no regret” really hit me hard. Thank you and I love you!
Amber and her family, and the whole family are in my prayers.

Whit,Tiff and B said...

I'm so sorry for what has happened. Our family has been praying for yours. That post was very beautifully written.

Melissa said...

I am so sorry about this tragic accident. She is a beautiful little girl, and it is plain to see she is loved and adored by many. I know that you will all hold her in your arms again someday. There is something comforting about knowing that her little arms will be outstretched to you when your time comes to leave this earthly life. She'll be waiting.

The young women have been so concerned and worried about you. They keep asking and wondering how you are. You are all so loved. You and your family are all in our thoughts and prayers. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and testimony. It was beautiful and so touching and it serves as a reminder to treasure each moment we have, especially with our children. We all love you!

Haley said...

My daugther is this age and I cannot begin to imagine what they're going through. Please know that you and your entire family are in our thoughts and prayers.
Haley Castillo and Family
(Tiffany Monsen's tag-a-long-sister)

Barb said...

What a tragedy. But if any family can handle it - it is yours. A family deeply rooted in the Gospel. Your whole family is in my prayers - especially Amber and her husband, I can't even imagine. Thank you for sharing your testimony Ruth!

Tiffany said...

Gracie was obviously supposed to be sent to such wonderful parents and an incredible extended family. Your testimony was beautiful. Thanks to you and your families example of faith and truly doing the the Lords will. Our prayers are with your whole family especially Gracies' Mommy and Daddy.

Jobi Niu said...

AWww, that a sweet post. It was really good to see you last night and your sweet family. You have such an AMAZING Testimony and I'm SO LUCKY be your first counselor.. not only that but your friend. STAY STRONG for your sister. THank goodness for the gospel. Love ya

Nicolle said...

Ruth, my mom and I are checking out your blog tonight. We love you and feel so much sorrow for the loss of Gracie. It is a strange feeling, we know. I have thought about you and your family so much. I have held my girls tighter. I'm grateful to be so close to my nieces and nephews. Just wanted to express our love to you Brendan, Jack and Ben. My girls have been praying for Ruth's sister.

RoseAnna said...

Ruth. So sorry to hear about your loss. Please tell your family that they will be in our thoughts and prayers.